The Viable Cleansing Option for Wounds that may Contain Non-Viable Tissue.1,2
Why Wait Weeks When You Could Potentially See Results in Days?
Now you can safely address wounds that previously may not have been considered for NPWT. Used in conjunction with V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy, only V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressings have been innovatively designed with through holes. Together they work quickly to cleanse contaminated wounds, by helping to soften, solubilize, and remove viscous exudate, wet slough, fibrin, and other infectious materials.1 In a recent case study, after 24 hours with the V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressing and V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy, placed on the wound surface with >60% adherent non-viable tissue, the wound surface filled with >90% viable tissue.3*
*In a recent case, a 72-year old male with a history of essential hypertension, cerebrovascular accident, and moderate to severe malnutrition presented with an unstageable sacral pressure ulcer. At presentation, the wound measured 15.0 cm x 11.0 cm with >60% adherent nonviable tissue on the wound surface. After 24 hours with the V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressing (70cc VASHE® wound solution with a 10-minute dwell time, followed by 3 hours of NPWT at -125 mmHg), the wound surface filled with >90% viable tissue.3
V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressing
Your wound care options just got better. Now you have another choice for complex wounds that require cleansing or more than one debridement, or for wounds which won't easily close, such as trauma wounds and pressure ulcers. And with the new larger-sized V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressing, you have more options when treating larger wounds.
Innovative dressing design: The V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressing is comprised of a 3-layer design which in conjunction with V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy:
- Facilitates removal of thick wound exudates, fibrin, and infectious materials
- Provides a wound cleansing option when sharp excisional debridement is not available or appropriate
- Potential to promote granulation tissue formation in just days1
Therapy initiation: Grade 3 Panniculus Ulcer 4cm x 8.5cm with 80% devitalized tissue and a foul smelling, purulent drainage*
After 9 days, the wound showed a 90% viable, granulating wound base*
Large Trauma, Chronic, and Acute Wounds are Addressed with the V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Large Dressing
Expanding the offering of next-generation wound care dressings, the all-new V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Large Dressing in conjunction with V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy now brings instillation efficacy and efficiency to medium and large complex wounds.
*A 59-year-old female presented with panniculitis and a Grade 3 Panniculus Ulcer. Prior medical history included obesity, diabetes mellitus, and a history of stomach stapling. V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy was initiated using a V.A.C. VERAFLO CLEANSE CHOICE™ Dressing and instilling 38ml of a VASHE® Wound Solution, with a dwell time of 10 minutes, followed by 2 hours of negative pressure at -125mmHg. Dressings were changed every 3 days. Ostomy paste was used to maintain the seal.
Patient data and photos courtesy of Luis G. Fernandez, MD, FACS, FASAS, FCCP, FCCM, FICS
1. Teot L, Boissiere F, Fluieraru S. Novel foam dressing using negative pressure wound therapy with instillation to remove thick exudate. Int Wound J. 2017;14(5):842-848.
2. Kim P, Applewhite A, Dardano A, et al. Use of a novel foam dressing with negative pressure wound therapy and instillation: recommendations and clinical experience. Wounds. 2018;30(3):S1–S17.
3. Fernandez L. Early experience with the use of negative pressure wound therapy with instillation and a novel reticulated open cell foam dressing with through holes. Innovations. 2018;1(1):S4-S6.